Pages

Saturday 1 January 2011

The Best Laid Plans Often Go Awry

So I haven’t written a blog in so long that now I’m back I feel like I got tons to update you readers with... Telling you about what I did over the last few weeks... Well it’s a sacrifice of my time I am only too willing to make readers... just for you lol.
Okies so last December term ended and my target was to have completed an essay with research and all things related and that way I would only have two to hand in January. Obviously that didn’t happen, but hey readers the important thing here to remember here is that it wasn’t my fault...

Roughly a week before Christmas my sister had her wedding date booked, and when I mean booked she booked it for the following week. This meant we only had nine days to prepare everything for her wedding... (0-0). She booked it for the 28th December!!!

It didn’t help that out of the nine days I was working during three of them and then there was Christmas day where no shops were open. Frustrating if you actually need to shop...

So as soon as I finished my shifts I spent Thursday and Friday getting everything sorted and planning her Mehndi. The Mehndi is usually a few days before the wedding and it is where people get to put henna on the bride to be. It’s the equivalent to a (most of the time clean) hen party. But anyways it’s amazing what you can accomplish within a few days. I spent these days getting outfits made and buying bits and bobs for her Mehndi, including stage stuff. Yes I got material and made the stage. Not bad for someone who does no work. Hehehe

Picture of stage


A Close Up

(Me being lazy meant the decorations have not come down yet...)


Yes, yes we forgot to iron the material before we put it on but hey it was rush, rush, rush and we did the best we could. Shame I couldn’t take a picture of the entire living room... most of all I had fun with the staple, stapling anything and everything to the wall and ceiling. (0-0)

So the Mehndi night we made it strictly women so we could all let our hair down and have fun... We tried but come 10pm all the men gate-crashed our party so we have to move elsewhere. We were very very annoyed and jeez man did they not have any other time to come! Talk about wrong time, wrong place!!!

Then Monday come and just about as we were about to relax, about 15 odd guests came round to stay. I’m not joking. Our house was jam packed but thankfully I did not share my room, or my bed. No one touches my bed!!! I don’t know how we would have managed without our guests. For some reason no one trusted my cooking even though I volunteered to cook (in my head and I can cook!), they did ALL the cooking. Yes ALL the cooking!! Thank goodness for family!

Alas we could relax or so we thought.....


No comments:

Post a Comment