Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Embrace the inner GEEK!

As soon as I wrote the title I just got this look. Yes the look many people give when you tell them that pigs can fly and you sincerely believe it. I’m not being deluded this week I honestly did embrace my inner geekiness even if it is a little!

The reason I got the “look” was during the undergraduate years I was never seen carrying books around and many thought I was too embarrassed to carry books around. For your information I wasn’t embarrassed……if there is a car to leave the books and there is space in the car its only right I make full use of it. That’s right. Lol.

Well this week I had a test and naturally like the good time organiser I am, I told myself that I would set aside an hour a day just to revise. This was a month ago and it obviously did not happen. So come the day of the test, I picked up the book to revise. Nothing went in my head and nothing seemed to make sense. It’s funny how that happens at the last minute. With the test happening in a few hours I did the only thing I could do. I panicked and then couldn’t be bothered. I mean I honestly tried revising for the test (albeit on the day) but the books and the mock exams were no help as I kept failing them. Enough was enough.

There was only one thing to do before the test. I called everyone and told them to pray. Yes laugh all you want but it worked. I passed and I have no idea how. Regardless of that I’m just thankful even though I have not learnt my lesson. This test if one of my many exams that I have passed with minimal effort and a whole lot of panicking.

In all the years I have been in education you would think that I would have finally understood how it works and stopped being lazy and actually work for it. Sadly it’s not in my nature. Don’t worry readers there is a side effect. A really nasty one. When I panic I eat more than usual. Comfort eating is another one of my bad habits. I get really bad craving and would eat even if my stomach hurts. What is worse is for the last couple of days I just come home and literally eat everything. I just can’t stop. I consume an entire days meal in one go. Ho ho ho. I had to put that in there even if it is the early April but at this rate I can compete with Santa and his belly.

Heed my advice people. Don’t put revision off to the last minute and try to cram everything in as it will not always work. It’s a recipe for a disaster– Wise words (-_-)

1 comment:

  1. Wise words yeah... maybe you should heed to them then innit!

    ReplyDelete