Pages

Monday 6 December 2010

Deadlines, Deadlines and more Deadlines

So it’s almost the end of semester one and I am inundated with coursework deadlines. ARRRGGGGHHHH. The frustration of never ending deadlines is finally getting to me.

My first deadline was for a course called Foundations for Postgraduate Studies…. What is it about I hear you think? Well…

The actual course taught us how to prepare to write essays. This included:

     • Composing bibliographies
     • Using databases for journals and articles
     • How to argue a point
     • Using a website to compile citations

Yes, I am actually serious we were taught from scratch which is why my attendance is very good for the course even though it actually wasn’t. Hahaha

The assignment went very well, it was pretty much easy but unfortunately very time consuming. I also actually handed the assignment 30 minutes before the actual deadline. Not bad for me ey.

Come towards the end of the assignment I actually was so sick of compiling the bibliography that I couldn’t be bothered to do it in the assignment properly. This kind of defeats the purpose of the assignment. But seriously how much citations can one do properly over and over again! But I’m not really fussed on the coursework, I would like for my effort to pay off but it is 5% of the overall mark so really it is meaningless.


Next week I have a presentation to do and as usual went to my tutor last minute to ‘briefly’ discuss the idea. When I mean briefly I mean two minutes as he had to rush of to his meetings lol. I got some good feedback and hopefully will start this weekend! Or I hope to…

No comments:

Post a Comment