Pages

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Lectures, Lectures and Funnily Enough More Lectures!!!

As you can guess by the title lectures have already started. Well it’s really funny, as I spent my undergraduate years avoiding lectures and finally when I actually finished my degree I missed my lectures. Now that I have started my postgraduate I have started to avoid lectures again. The main thing that gets to me to actually getting to lectures... I spend so much time dossing that the idea of going lectures seems boring. Yes, you heard right it sounds boring!! And this is coming from the person who was moaning for two years straight about missing lectures!!!


But then when Tas finally drags me out of the house to lectures I actually like the topics covered, although it must be said some topics more than others! When we went to the first lecture for the MA Literary London it was wow. That’s how I can describe it. We all discussed what our own view of London was and why we had that certain view. It was amazing to see how my peers viewed London and their idea of whether they can truly be called a ‘Londoner’ or not! The topic covered was interesting and it actually made me want to study!! Other minor modules however made me more confused than when I started!!! I actually felt unprepared because I didn’t do the reading and took a gap year out!!



It is noted that before anything gets better, it always goes bad first. In fact in one of the first lectures I had, it went really badly as I totally lost concentration and when I lose concentration, I lose it properly. I actually start writing notes to class to Tas hehehe.


As you can tell I was completely lost and my mind had wandered... It went onto an important mind wandering route that I had no choice but to distract Tas as well.... But never fear readers after the first lectures it got better because of the support from tutors and my peers!

Now the first few weeks are over, I have finally settled into the routine and you will be glad to know that I am not taking any more mid week holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment