Pages

Thursday 28 October 2010

I love MY SLEEP…I love my Lectures?

Sleep, sleep and sleep. It seems it is all that I do for the last few weeks and it is starting to take over my life. It doesn’t help either that now that winter is coming when I wake up its still dark so my eyes don’t want to open.


The reason I crave sleep is because every day I am up by 7:30 whether I need to get up or not and then do not attempt to get back to sleep. That also includes the weekends because I volunteer on both Saturday and Sunday and have to be out the house by 9:15am. So yes it has been a long time since I had a proper lie in on the weekends. I can’t actually wait for the winter holidays where I can lie in. I miss it! “Sigh”

But whether it was fate or karma my lectures are a whole different story! They are at such a time they are neither here nor there. It is from 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm on Mondays and on Wednesday it is from 2pm to 6pm. They are at such awkward times that I usually get nothing done other then stay at home stuffing my face and find it really difficult to concentrate. These times are actually my worst time to learn and take in information at all! The best time for me is 9am! Yes you heard right, really early in the morning and then it leaves the entire day free to do work or go eat!

But the lack of sleep is affecting me so badly I actually almost fell asleep in one of my lectures! How bad is that?


But that wasn’t my fault (although I wasn’t prepared) once I zone out in class, I zone out until lectures finish. BTW I wasn’t prepared because I ordered books and two weeks on they still haven’t arrived and without doing the reading is there actually any point coming in.

Secondly I had to do a supermarket run in the morning as my family needed essentials and I needed chocolate!! Other than chocolate there were so many heavy items I had to carry all by myself on public transport and that is why I was tired, I’ll let you know. So by the time I walked into lectures I set my mind with the idea that I wanted to just sleep.

But good news I did wake up and concentrate during the last ten minutes of the lecture! But hopefully my sleeping crave will go soon and I’ll get some work done!

No comments:

Post a Comment